Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Movie of da week- Cloverfield

This is the first in what will probably become an every Wednesday thing. Whether on DVD or in theaters, I plan on picking one movie per week to reccomend to the masses. On a slow or poop-movie-filled week, I'll give a little attention to something pulled from the vault instead. And yes, I keep my movies in a vault.


On to this week's movie! Cloverfield. I don't think I really have to say much more than that...Actually, I CAN'T say much more than that. Thanks to the viral marketing this film has undergone, very little is known about Cloverfield save that it takes place in New York, looks like it was filmed entirely on hand-cam, and features a giant monster tearing skyscrapers asunder. I'm in!

Clocking in at an hour and twenty minutes, even if Cloverfield turns out to be bunk, at least you won't have to suffer too long. My guess, though, is that this is going to be a fun monster movie in the vein of classic Godzilla with plenty of frantic moments to excite the senses. *fingers crossed*

Check it out when it opens in theaters this Friday.

No comments: