Thursday, May 8, 2008

Movie of da week: Speed Racer

Okay, this week's a bit of a tough pick. While the rest of May is full of flicks worthy of your time and attention, this week's movie is a true gamble.

I'm talking about Speed Racer. When I first heard of the live action adaptation, I was annoyed. I hated the cartoon so, naturally, I should hate the movie.

Then I heard the Wachowski brothers were handling the adaptation. My interest was piqued. Finally, I saw the trailer and the full cast and, to be honest, I'm actually looking forward to seeing it at this point.

So far Speed Racer looks like what would happen if a group of ninjas melted a box of crayons onto the floor and played with some sweet Hot Wheels cars across the freshly cooled surface of the multi-colored muck. So long as Speed Racer doesn't ACTUALLY come off as lame as that, I figure it's worth a go.

No comments: