Monday, November 19, 2007

A guaranteed epic in the palm of your hands


I actually meant to write this a little while back. A few weeks ago I got my God of War: Chains of Olympus demo in the mail for the PSP. I had almost forgotten about the thing thanks to...well, I'm not actually sure why it took so long. I will say this, though; the wait was worth it.

For those unfamiliar with the GoW series, for shame. If you have a PS2 or PS3, you have no excuse not to play the first two installments of this (so far) phenomenal series. I guess if you have an aversion to relentless bloodletting and the occasional boobie, then yeah, you have an excuse. The rest of you, get at them boobies.

Seriously though, aside from being one of the most visceral action games on the market, the platforming and puzzle elements are phenomenal. Throw in some top-notch controls and a truly engaging storyline and you have the makings of one of the best series ever created for any system...ever...so there.

Anyway, for those living under a rock, the bald and beautifully violent Kratos will be experiencing his next romp on the small screen and I'm here to herald its awesomeness. I've played through the demo about a dozen times now and, even though it only lasts about fifteen minutes, I can't get enough. Mainly, I'm blown away by how every single aspect that made the original games fantastic has been carefully (and I'm sure painstakingly) brought over to the PS3's little brother.

For those unlucky enough not to get their hands on the demo, I hate to inform you that you're really missing out. Actually, no I don't. Neener-neener-neener. At least you'll find some solace in knowing
the full game hits shelves early next year, just in time to serve as the Bloody Mary cure for your November gaming binge hangover.

No comments: