Thursday, April 3, 2008

Movie of da week: Sweeney Todd

I guess if you have to go to the theater this weekend, you might try out The Ruins. It looks like The Descent meets...um...Pitch Black? Anyway, too many warning bells went off in my head to give it the recommendation, but there's always the chance it won't suck big time.

I saw Shine a Light and recommend it to music and Rolling Stones fans alike, but all others need not apply.

So yeah, I'm going to recommend Sweeney Todd this week; but with some hesitation.

In case you missed it, this film is a musical. I'm talking very, very little talkie-talkie and whole bunches of singie-singie and bloody-bloody.

The movie itself is gorgeous and the performances are great, but all that singing and squirting red stuff can be a bit of a burden after a while.

No comments: