Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Rejected t-shirt ideas: Slinky

Continuing our ongoing saga of rejected t-shirt ideas, statiecEchoes' latest entry takes a turn for nestalgia.

It recently occurred to me a lot of t-shirts have pictures of classic T.V. shows or toys smeared across the front. Some particularly cool folks even wear them pre-roughed-up.

Back in my day (the 80s and 90s, I guess), when those T.V. shows and toys were actually cool, we roughed up our own clothes, dagnabit. Now everything comes pre-faded and pre-torn.

Tell you what. Next time you get the urge to buy those stylin threads, why not save yourself thirty bucks, buy some normal clothes, then offer a hobo five bucks to beat the crap out of you. The clothes will now look exactly like the more trendy styles and, if my math is correct, that still saves you, I don't know, like a million dollars.

Anyway, I decided to do my own spin on the classic toy t-shirt idea. What, exactly, does the wearer of this t-shirt have against Slinkys? Was he perhaps abused by a Slinky as a child? Did a Slinky run out on he and his mother? We may never know.

One thing is for certain, though, and that is the fact no company would ever print this bad boy on their shirts.

No comments: