Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Movie of da week- Call it, friend-o

Seriously, flip a freaking coin.

There I was, looking up this week's movies, expecting to find myself in a bit of a conundrum when, blam-o, I'm hit by a veritable wall of quality options.

In theaters we've got Be Kind Rewind and Vantage Point while DVD offers Michael Clayton, American Gangster and In the Valley of Elah. My head is spinning.

If you're headed to the silver screen this weekend, I'm going to give the oddball duo of Jack Black and Mos Def the underdog nod and recommend you find an indie theater and prepare to have a good time with Be Kind Rewind.

Looking for a night in? I've only seen Michael Clayton from the selection and I can guarantee it's a well acted, taught drama, but In the Valley of Elah has been on my "must see" list for quite some time. That's the one I'll be watching this week, anyway.

So, sorry for the lack of anything concrete, but I honestly think you could throw a dart at that list (printed out so as not to destroy your desktop) and come away feeling like you'd had two hours well spent. Get at em!

No comments: