Friday, June 18, 2010

The Ultimate Fighter 11 finale- Echo calls it

I missed out on calling the last proper UFC card, so even though things are still busy as all hell, I figured I better do something for this week’s free fights on Spike.

Yet another season of The Ultimate Fighter is draw-ing to a close and, from what I watched of the season, 11 featured some of the best athletes yet.

Let’s take a look at the main card.

TUF 11 Finale
Court McGee vs. Kris McCray
Matt Hamill vs. Keith Jardine
Chris Leben vs. Aaron Simpson
Spencer Fisher vs. Dennis Siver
Jamie Yager vs. Rich At-tonito

You may have noticed I used a picture highlight-ing the first fight of the night for this post and, hopefully, my reasons for doing this are obvious.

Yager’s hair is too amazing for words. I’m a firm believer that a fighter can draw power from a massive mane (sheds a tear for Arlovski) and you don’t get much more mas-sive than that. The dude manages to out-hair Guida, and that is no small feat. For this reason alone, I’m calling the first fight in his favor.

Fisher will likely outclass Siver and Leben, the bet-ter fighter in his bout, will bring Aaron Simpson’s undefeated record to a screeching halt. I want Matt Hamill to win no matter who he’s fighting but my gut is telling me Jardine is going to pull this one off, most likely due to an overabundance of meanness in the second round.

As for the big fight of the night, this one really could go either way. McGee has been impressive throughout the show but McCray has a great set of skills that make him dangerous standing or on the mat, which is why he’s going to land the contract.

If I’m wrong, both fighters’ last names start with “Mc,” so I can just claim I was confused about which one was which.

No comments: