Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Horton hears a review

So, my day job often gets me into movies I may have otherwise never seen. When I wanted to review a family-oriented review for an upcoming publication this past weekend, the animated Horton Hears a Who was my only option.

I'll admit I went in a bit begrudgingly. I wasn't necessarily chomping at the bit to see, hear or do anything else involving a Who.

Just goes to show my quality radar isn't always perfect...I take that back. It is perfect. I don't know why I'd ever claim otherwise.

Anyway, long story slightly shorter, Horton Hears a Who is fantastic. I don't know if your average college kid would necessarily want to run out and see it based on this recommendation alone, but for those on the lookout for a decent family film or something to change the pace up a bit, you could do far worse.

The expected zaniness is present to keep the kiddies blissfully distracted while the vast majority of the film's jokes are targeted at a more sophisticated crowd. Myself and three 20-something friends were laughing loud and hard through most of the films hour-and-a-half runtime.

Rather than say something in a rhyme to close this out (I value your readership too much to do something like that) I'll just wrap it up by promising a free no-prize to anyone willing to do as I did and take a chance on this Seussian flick.

No comments: