Wednesday, September 1, 2010

The Walking Dead hits AMC Oct. 31

The Walking Dead is one of those comics I missed in the beginning and, years later and nearly 100 issues late, I’ve had trouble getting myself to catch up on.

I know. I’m a sinner. Just about any comic fan you talk to these days will tell you it’s one of the best books going.

I plan on correcting my error someday soon but, if nothing else, I’ve learned from my mistake. The Walking Dead has been turned into a television series for AMC and, this time, I plan on being there from the beginning.

First of all, the show is appearing on AMC alongside such award-winning series as Mad Men and Breaking Bad. If that doesn’t give you some idea as to what kind of quality we can expect, I don’t know what does.

The first season is set to begin Halloween night with an initial run of six episodes. Even better, it’s already been green-lit for a second season lasting an additional 13 episodes. The folks at AMC seem to think they have another winner on their hands and, if there is any justice in this world, they’ll be one-hundred percent correct.

Still not convinced? Well, it just so happens Frank Darabont will be writing and directing the show. So, yes, The Walking Dead TV series is being done by the guy responsible for the movie versions of The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile and The Mist.

I’m done talking. Let’s all start watching.

No comments: