Thursday, June 5, 2008

Movies to miss in June

Not a heck of a lot going on in the crappy movie department of local theaters this month. I'm sure there are some bad ones, but only one earns my public blog-bashing. (Or blashing, as I like to call it.)


On the DVD front, however, there are a whole slew of sucky films. I've already blashed several of these when they were in theaters, so I'll keep the comments short.

Now enjoy this list of movies you won't...um...enjoy.

The Love Guru: While I remain convinced You Don't Mess with the Zohan is going to be at least half-decent, I can't help but feel The Love Guru is going to be less than a tenth decent.

Semi-Pro: Much like the stars of Love Guru and Zohan, Will Ferrell has once again committed the crime of blatently imitating the same character for the dozenth time. I love Ferrell, but the same schtick is getting a bit old.

Meet the Spartans: I'm so angry this exists I won't even comment.

The Eye: "Hold on a sec. I have something in my-" "Ah! It's a ghost!"

Jumper: See this movie and you might just want to. Oh, snap!

Witless Protection:
Larry the Cable Guy is officially the go-to for horribly conceived, terrible movies. Sorry Martin Lawrence, but your crown has been challenged.

Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins: Hold the phone, folks! It looks like the champ has some fight left in him after all.

10,000 B.C.: I plan on renting this one when I'm having a bad day. I expect the unintended laughs, and lots of them, will cast sunshine over the dreariest of storms.

No comments: