Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Monday mini-movies: The Lost Boys edition


For the record, I'm actually pretty dang stoked for The Lost Boys: The Tribe.

More and more I'm beginning to disagree with the idea of "ruining" a classic. How does something new ruin what's already great? You can ruin the new movie, yes; but I don't think a sequel can be bad enough to literally tarnish its predecessor...Unless you're Pirates of the Caribbian 3. That one did a good job of mucking the whole thing up.

Without movies like this, actors and directors would have nowhere to start. Since it's going straight to DVD and not trying to fool the unsuspecting box office masses, I give The Lost Boys: The Tribe permission to be as delightfully terrible as humanly possible.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to go make myself a garlic T-shirt. I bid you good day.

No comments: