Wednesday, June 4, 2008

15 movies so bad they're good: Part one

Everybody hates a bad movie. Thing is; some movies are so bad they somehow manage to be good.

While many of these will only make you groan with annoyance, I'm willing to bet several will tug at the ole nostalgia strings just enough to remind you of how delightfully terrible they are. The emphasis here is on the "delightful."

Without further ado, I give you the first five of fifteen picks for my favorite "good" bad movies.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Most of you young-uns only know about the WB teen drama bearing the same name, but children of the 80s should be able to easily recall when Peewee was a vampire biker, Luke Perry was cool and Buffy herself was more badass than emo.

Face/Off: I'm sure I upset a few of you with this one. I can't help it, though. I love this movie. I love this horrible, horrible movie. "I want to take his face......off."

Snakes on a Plane:
One of the few flicks that actually tried to be a good bad movie and managed to succeed on all levels. Samuel L. M-er F-ing Jackson, snakes, planes, and a script nearly as bad as the acting. Yes please.

XXX: Probably the most likely to warrant argument from the masses, I proudly proclaim XXX a well enjoyed guilty pleasure of mine.

Armageddon: With such a well known cast, it's hard to believe Armageddon could suck. But suck it did. And you better believe it was worth every second just to MST3K that beyatch.

No comments: