Thursday, June 5, 2008

Games to get in June

Well, June is finally upon us and my sights are firmly set on exactly one title- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. I'm a huge fan of the series and can't wait to see Snake's story come full circle.

There's some other decent-looking games thrown in for good measure, but I doubt I'll have time to play any of them once MGS4 drops next week.

(Note: I've stopped including scheduled PSN, Wii Ware and XBLA games in the list since, quite frequently, those titles don't actually come out on their scheduled dates.)

June
12th- Metal Gear Solid 4 (PS3)
17th- Space Invaders Extreme (PSP, DS)
22nd- Guitar Hero: On Tour (DS)
22nd- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2: Grimoire of the Rift
23rd- Battlefield: Bad Company (360, PS3)
23rd- Command and Conquer 3: Kane's Wrath (360)
24th- Alone in the Dark (Wii, PS3, 360)

I played the demo for Space Invaders Extreme and, for $20, I think it'll make a great summer distraction. Not sure if I think Guitar Hero on the DS is awesome, or somehow more lame than playing a half-sized plastic guitar for the console versions. (Note: Yes, I just called myself lame. But you know better than to believe it.) Last on the handheld front is the new FF Tactics title and, considering the fact I sunk well over 100 hours into the first one, I definitely want to get my hands on the new iteration at some point.

Battlefield looks like a hell of a good FPS and Command and Conquer should tide the 360 crowd over until Halo Wars hits. RTS' done well on consoles? Ca-razy.

I'm hopeful for Alone in the Dark since the last decent horror title I played was Silent Hill for the PSP. I need the crap scared out of me in a big way. I'll try not to get my hopes up, but hopefully this new expedition into darkness was well worth the wait.

And, finally, MGS4. I don't think I really need to say much here. This series is comprised of some of the greatest games ever made and, if initial reviews are to be trusted, this conclusion is said to be the best of the lot. I can't wait.

No comments: