Friday, October 15, 2010

UFC 120: Bisping vs. Akiyama- Ryan calls it

It’s another week, so it should come as no surprise there’s another MMA fight card ready for your viewing pleasure.

This Saturday, UFC 120 is set to take place in jolly old London town and it’s a pretty safe bet fans of fists meeting faces are in for a solid night of entertainment.

The bouts listed below are accurate. The predictions for their outcomes, however, are anyone’s guess.

No they aren’t, actually. They are “my” guesses. “Anyone” can get their own guesses.

So be sure to click after the break for MY guesses.

James Wilks vs. Claude Patrick
Did you guys here about that time James Wilks and Claude Patrick got into a fight? They rolled around on the mat for a round and a half before Patrick made Wilks intimately familiar with pain as a result of having his arm bent the wrong way. Dude tapped out with a quickness. It was awesome.

Cheick Kongo vs. Travis Browne
Kongo has had a rough year. After a fast loss to Frank Mir, he managed to rebound against Paul Buentello by punching him until he couldn’t take it anymore. He was supposed to fight Roy Nelson, but had to step down due to a back injury. There’s no telling what sort of shape he’s in currently and he’s about to square off against the undefeated Travis Browne. I’m a Kongo fan, but something tells me the smart money is on Browne this week.

John Hathaway vs. Mike Pyle
This is one of those fights that will be determined by where it ends up. Hathaway is better on his feet while Pyle is more comfortable on the ground. While Hathaway knows not the sting of defeat, Pyle has had quite a bit more experience. If I’m just going with my gut, though, I think Hathaway is going to continue his quest to the top following a third round domination of Pyle.

Dan Hardy vs. Carlos Condit
It’s no secret that I dislike Dan Hardy. While it’s nice to see he’s going up against an equally skilled fighter in Carlos Condit, it really wouldn’t matter who he was taking on for me to call the fight against him. Is that good fight calling? No. But it doesn’t make me any less hopeful that I will see The Outlaw go down in a blaze of glory…Minus the glory, of course. He doesn’t deserve any.

Michael Bisping vs. Yoshihiro Akiyama
This should be a fantastic fight. Akiyama is more comfortable now in the UFC and Bisping, well, has been wrecking faces there for quite some time. Bisping has the home field advantage, but Akiyama really wants to prove he has what it takes for a shot at the top spot. In order to do that, he’s going to need to go straight through The Count. I expect a slugfest out of this one and, hopefully, a conclusion that results in Bisping needing to go nap-nap.

2 comments:

Jess said...

1. You spelled "sexyama's" name wrong. Not enough sexiness.
2. The joke about Wilkes and Patrick was awesome.
3. Bring back rejected t shirt ideas!!

-Ryan Winslett said...

1. Yeah. I dropped the ball on that one.
2. I know, right?
3. I keep thinking "Hey, I should make a new one!" Then I get hungry and forget about it.