Tuesday, February 5, 2008

UFC 82: Now with 50 percent less Arlovski

I'm not angry so much as disappointed.

No. Wait. Scratch that. I'm pretty dang angry. Dana White has a throat punch waiting with his name on it.

Thank you mmajunkie.com for crushing my hopes of getting to see Andrei Arlovski on the big screen this March. As the mixed martial arts site recently posted, the heavyweight bout between former champion and all around badass Nosvarlovski with soon-to-be no longer breathing Jake O'Brien will not be televised during UFC 82 on March 1. Instead, Arlovski will be thrown in the mix with the other four under-cards like some rookie just getting started in the sport.

Granted, the card is stacked, featuring the likes of Cheick Kongo, Yushin Okami, Diego Sanches and Josh Koscheck, but seriously, you're going to snub The Pitbull??? Yes, his contract is ending somewhat messily and putting him on the main card would be like doing promotions for whichever league he goes onto next, but this is almost insulting. Arlovski is a fantastic athlete who has made the UFC a buttload of money. The least White can do is let the man leave with a bang.

I'm going to do my best to watch the prelim fights via the internet before the main event gets aired, but there's a lot that can go wrong with that setup. I just hate to think I might have to miss the last UFC appearance from one of my all-time favorite fighters.

Damn yous Dana White.

No comments: