Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Movie of da week- The Darjeeling Limited

My advice to you, darling readers, is to basically avoid the movie theaters at all costs this weekend. Unless, of course, you're going to see anything that didn't come out this week. It's kind of a poo-fest in the new releases department.

30 Days of Night hit DVD this week, and it's a pretty decent vampire flick, but my pick goes to Wes Anderson's The Darjeeling Limited.

Though critically less well received than his other flicks, Anderson's The Life Aquatic is one of my all-time favorite movies. Everything about it just hit a chord with me. Darjeeling being his latest work since Aquatic, I can't help but feel Anderson fans are in for a real treat.

With the badical ensemble of Owen Wilson, Adrien Brody and Jason Schwartzman playing a group of dysfunctional brothers trying to reconnect during a road trip across India, I assume wit and dark humor will abound. Expect a review soon, but don't think you have to wait to go rent it...Are you renting it yet?

No comments: