Monday, February 25, 2008

Phil Harrison leaves Sony

This is actually a bit of a sad day for me. Phil Harrison, President of Sony Computer Entertainment Worldwide Studios, announced he will be quitting his position.

Why a sad day? Because I genuinely like the guy. Not only was he a fantastic spin doctor through the Playstation 3's bumpy first year, but he's also responsible for some of the better ideas which have helped turn the system around in 2008.

On top of all that, he just seems like a nice, genuine guy with no ego following him around. That can be hard to find in this business.

Read all about it here.

I'm a bit shocked. PS3 is making a huge comeback, making this the perfect time to ride the Sony wave and, seemingly out of nowhere, the man set to bask in the majority of that glory decides to hit the road.

Good luck in whatever you move on to Phil. But just between you and I, you aren't really going to Atari are you? Color me doubly confused if so.

No comments: