Thursday, January 24, 2008

Movie of da week- Rambo

This movie gets a "hells-freaking-yeah" from me. Scoff all you want, there's a strong possibility Rambo might turn out to be a fantastic action flick. What makes me so certain? Rocky Balboa.

I'll admit I was one of the first to fake gag the moment I heard Sly Stallone was making another Rocky movie. I saw it as a cheap attempt at cashing in on a deceased franchise and figured it would most certainly turn out just as bad as, if not worse than, Rocky V. *shudders*

Turns out I was bad wrong. Badong, you might say. Rocky Balboa was easily the best in the series since the original. There was a good script and surprisingly good acting. I was amazed at how effortlessly Rocko and Paulie returned to the silver screen as if the men behind the characters had never given up the roles.

It is for this reason I give Rambo the benefit of the doubt and name it my movie to see this week. Stallone proved me wrong once and, this time, I'm going in fully expecting a quality conclusion to a much-loved franchise. Here's hoping my newfound faith in the writer/director/actor is not misplaced. Go see Rambo.

No comments: