Monday, January 21, 2008

It all started with a chair- Juno review

First of all, I'd like to appologize for the abundance of reviews as of late. I've been blessed with a chance to take in quite a few movies and what have you, so why not share my opinion with the rest of the world?

As for Juno, my opinion is very high. Overflowing with witty dialogue and fun references, I have officially added writer Diablo Cody to my "to hug" list. Well...partially because of the movie, and also partially because she's gorgeous. But mostly because of the movie...And also mostly because she's gorgeous. Either way, anyone who uses a Thundercats quote and the phrase "home skillet" in the same project is A-OK in my book. Add to that a style remeniscant of Wes Anderson, one of my favorite directors, and a killer indie soundtrack and you've got yourself a winner.

Anyway, for those who don't know, Juno is about a quirky 16-year-old girl who, upon making yum-yums with an equally quirky track nerd, finds her eggo peggo (loved that line). The ninety-six minutes which follow are some of the most funny, endearing, heart-warming and heart-breaking I've seen all year. For the record, I'm counting all of 2007 for those smart allecks who will say something like, "all year's only been three weeks." I'm on to you.

Up for a handful of Golden Globes and a bunch of other awards, you don't really need me to tell you how good Juno is. But I will. Juno is fantastic. Go see it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your eggo is PREGGO!
... that's one doodle you can't un-did.

Sheesh!

-X37V

-Ryan Winslett said...

Thank you for the somewhat violent edit. I was pulling that one out of memory from a few days prior, so I was off a bit.