Friday, August 27, 2010

This week in Joystick Division

You may have noticed a few cosmetic changes around the site. For one, I have dropped my pen name in favor of my actual name, but I assure you I am still the same person. For another, you now have the ability to easily share posts in a variety of ways, including facebook and twitter. And, finally, I've taken up an extra gig contributing posts to Joystick Division.

You may know them from such films as Joystick Division 2: Electric Boogaloo, or Joystick Division 7: Even More Divisions. If not, suffice it to say JD is a video game website that is updated throughout the day by an army of talented individuals. News, reviews, opinions and more. You name it, they got it.

As a result, staticEchoes is starting up a new weekly section called "This week in Joystick Division." (Hint: You're reading the first one right now.) This weekly offering will feature a carefully constructed list of links to all my random JD posts from the past seven days. You'll still have access to all my gaming writing (more than normal, in fact), but it will now be spoonfed to you through the loving hands of Joystick Division. Look for these posts at the end of every week.

If, however, you want to keep yourself a bit more informed on all things gaming, I'd highly recommend you just add the site to your daily visits. Otherwise, the terrorists win.

Without further messing about, here's the first week's worth of posts (Actually, it's only a day's worth, as I just started today).

August 22-28
Socom 4: 14 minutes of gameplay
Halo: Reach delivers hope
Days of Thunder: NASCAR Edition coming to PSN
Liars and Cheats hits Red Dead Redemption

No comments: