Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Eagles of Death Metal rock/love live

I got to take in Eagles of Death Metal live recently and decided (was threatened at knife-point) to do a lil blog on my experience.

The show opened with The Living Things and I'm pretty sure we'll be seeing more of these guys in the near future. They've got the whole classic rock meets modern rock a la The Hives, The Raconteurs, etc. down with a lead singer who looks suspiciously like Jimmy Fallon with longer hair.

EoDM impressed the hell out of me, though. First off, lead singer Jesse "Boots Electric" Hughes decided to walk out in the drizzling rain and talk up the line of fans while we waited to be let into the venue. After an hour and a half of making sweet musical love to the audience (and possibly some physical love), the guy hung around to sign autographs, take pictures and just chill with the boys and girls who came out to see he and the band rock.

My buddy liveblogged the whole thing on his twitter page (twitter.com/jeffthejeff) but, since I'm still against all things tweeted (and Tyler Perry), I can't tell you how good a representation of the show it actually is. I heard it was pretty hilarious, though.

Aside from drunk folk slapping my friends, trying to start fights with each other or holding a buddy of mine's hand for a solid (and very uncomfortable) minute when he was going for a simple shake, I've decided everyone pretty much owes it to themselves to go see Eagles of Death Metal live.

In short, possibly some of the most fun you'll have in a crowded bar ever.

P.S. Bassist Brian "Big Hands" O'Connor has the most appropriate nickname ever. The dude's got catcher's mitts at the end of his arms.

No comments: