Friday, February 6, 2009

Arlovski hits the boxing ring

It has been brought to my attention, following the upset a couple weeks ago in his match with Fedor, one of my all-time favorite mixed martial artists, Andre "the Pitbull" Arlovski, will be moving into a career in professional boxing.

While I'm happy to see Nos Varlovski getting paid and taking part in a sport where he could very likely dominate, I'm saddened to see him leave the sport of MMA. The dude wrecks faces like some sort of, I don't know, crazed pitbull; so his absence in the octagon will not go unnoticed by this particular blogger.

The good news is, m'boy is already in line for his first fight. Look for Arlovski to debut during the April 11 card featuring Paul Williams vs. Winky Wright on HBO.

I honestly doubt the ring can contain the awesomeness that is Arlovski, so we should probably start praying now for the soul of whichever poor bastard has to go toe to toe with him come mid-April. It's going to be glorious.

No comments: