Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Movie of da week: The Orphanage

While limited cities get to sink their teeth into Zombie Strippers this weekend (I kid you not. It exists.), the real gems of the silver screen for the week look to be DVD-only.

While I quite enjoyed Cloverfield, my recommendation is going to The Orphanage. (Both available for rent or purchase or theft.) I actually plan on watching The Orphanage tonight, so look for the review soon.

I love a good scary movie and this Spanish language frightfest looks to provide plenty of jumps that will stay in the brain for some time to come.

Guillermo Del Toro, most recently of Pan's Labyrinth fame, helped bring this one state-side. Many critics are actually calling it this year's Pan's Labyrinth, which to me is a very good sign.

Not in the mood to get scared half-witless? You could always give One Missed Call a shot. I'm willing to put good money on the fact that movie's existence is the only thing frightening about it. Swish!

No comments: