Saturday, December 22, 2007

Snakeball, Burnout and fanboys, oh my!

You may have noticed a sudden lack of posts this week. It’s not because I don’t love you anymore. This is a problem we’re going to have to work through and I’m willing to put in the effort if you are. It’s not me. It’s you.

The holidays are upon us and, with work and my impending venture into the world of professional blood-spray catching at UFC 79, times be busy. As such, updates are going to be light for the next week or so. I know this comes as a great blow to the hordes of faithful readers (eight of you if my daily counter is correct), but them’s the breaks.

By the time the New Year gets rolling, we’ll be back in the full swing of things with previews, reviews and rants on all that random stuff I just know you’re itching to read about. Here’s a brief rundown of some random things I would have liked to post about this week. Enjoy my half-assed attempt at making amends!

Fanboys- Videogame fanboys are my current gripe, but the problem stems into all types of blatant fanboyism. Whether it be someone’s favorite fighter, a groupie who loves a band’s music just a little bit too much or any number of the ever-growing masses of videogame system loyalists, I pretty much hate you all equally. Believe it or not, you are the primary factor destroying the things you love. Ignorance is bliss and a closed mind never has to think, and you guys prove it.

Holidays can suck- From dealing with family to the “need” to make sure you bought gifts for everyone who bought gifts for you, these festive seasons are just getting out of hand. When you have to call three people to ask for gift ideas for someone, you’re just going through the motions, not celebrating the holiday. A gift should be personal and spontaneous, not forced.

Snakeball- If you have a PS3, you should be playing Snakeball. It’s one of the deepest, best developed and most entertaining games I’ve ever seen for a measly ten dollars. Download the demo off PSN and give it a shot. You’ll love it.

Burnout: Paradise- If the demo speaks for the full version, Xbox 360 and PS3 owners are in for a real treat with Burnout: Paradise. There’s a massive set of suburban and country roads, tons of cars to drive and countless objectives to keep you busy when you’re not just tooling around the city and blowing shit up. The near-seamless online and menu integration is fantastic and the feel of previous Burnout iterations has been kept intact. I usually dislike EA and all they stand for, but this is a classic example of arcade racing done right. Burnout has grown up and I couldn’t be more pleased.

Well, there you have it. I hope that will at least tide you over until the next update. It should be coming your way Monday. Thanks for the support and have a happy holiday!

No comments: