Monday, November 15, 2010

Monday mini-movies: Great moments in middle school sports edition



Napoleon. Alexander the Great. That kid from Little Giants who orchestrated “the annexation of Puerto Rico.” All amateurs compared to whichever brilliant tactician came up with this play pulled off by a middle school football team in Texas.

Simple, yet brilliant. I can’t wait to see a professional squad attempt something like this off.

I can see it now: Down by five, the ball is spotted on the 50 yard line, and there’s 10 seconds left on the clock when coach uses his final timeout. In the huddle, he whips out his Blackberry as all the players gather to get a look at the tiny screen. “My grandson sent me this clip from youtube,” he says with a twinkle in his eye and a sly grin dawning. “I think it might just be crazy enough to work.”

Then...Pure magic.

No comments: