Friday, July 2, 2010

Movies to miss in July

Wow has this summer has been a snoozer for films. It almost feels silly writing about the ones I have such low expectations for when, really, I don't have high expectations for anything hitting the silver screen anytime soon. Still, there's a few that require special attention and that's why I'm here.

Salt
It feels like this is the type of movie Angelina Jolie SHOULD be making, but nothing about Salt feels right to me. This feels way too much like the lady version of Travolta's From Paris, With Love. I would happily follow Angelina Jolie to the ends of the earth...So long as they aren't showing this movie when we get there.

Cats and Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore
I seriously doubt my readership is the intended audience for this out-of-nowhere sequel, but just in case, I felt it was worth mentioning.

Predators
Let's get one thing clear: I desperately want this movie to be good. More so than any movie ever put in the movies-to-miss category, I want to be wrong about this one. However, even with A-Bro leading the cast, I have a sneaking suspicion viewers are in for another unneeded raping of a beloved franchise. After AvP and it's follow-up, though, can it really get any worse?

No comments: