Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Movies to miss in November

I’m feeling like a bit of a scrooge this week.
Going over the November movie list, I could only come up with three flicks that made me want to run and hide. Coincidentally, they are all Christmas movies.

This is not to say I am a humbug. I prefer to look at it as nobody knows how to make a decent Christmas movie anymore.

I say go with the classics-A Christmas Story, Miracle on 34th Street, Christmas Vacation- and avoid anything new with Fa-la-la-la-laing in it.

Fred Claus: This came out one year ago in theaters, bombed, and is now on DVD. I love Vince Vaughn and Paul Giamatti, but come on guys. This is what happens when a good idea goes bad.

Shrek the Halls: *cough*sellout*cough* Shrek was awesome. The sequel was pretty decent. The third was god-awful. Let’s just say my expectations are pretty low for a Christmas romp with everyone’s favorite ogre.

Four Christmases: Vince Vaughn, what the hell are you doing? A terrible Christmas movie two years in a row? Was this because of a dare? You’re destroying my love for you, buddy-boy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fist of all, how dare you. SCROOGED, duuuude! SCROOOGED!

-Ryan Winslett said...

You are absolutely right. That movie should def. be on the list of Christmas films worth watching.